"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I have used everything you gave me."" - Erma Bombeck

Monday, April 16, 2012

Party Time!

The Friday before Easter, mom, Kade, & I headed out after work bound for Hamlin, TX. This was Kade's first car ride of this length, and he did absolutely wonderful. Before leaving, I hooked up his little DVD player in the car and he was all set. That evening, we drove as far as Abilene and spent the night. I'm sure they will be charging me a double fee for that room seeing as how Mr. Kade was on mission destroy for his 1st time staying in a hotel. Mom & I had to place all trashcans on a higher level, unplug the phone from the base, remove the toilet paper & kleenex from their holders, etc. When we got ready to leave on Saturday morning, Kade decided to take the luggage cart for a little ride!
Can you find Kade in all of that luggage?
We finally arrived in Hamlin to see our best buds at Carson's 4th birthday party! Beth and I don't get to see each other or each other's kids nearly enough, but we have the best time when we are together. Kade loved playing with Carson and Allie before all of the other guests arrived. Carson's party was a Thomas the train party, and Beth did a wonderful job with it. The kids, well all but Kade, enjoyed a "train ride" given by Carson's daddy Justin. Kade was just fine sitting in the train until Justin started to take off and then he wasn't so fond of it. All of the kiddos also got to hunt Easter eggs since Carson's birthday falls so close to Easter. Kade did really went hunting eggs and had a good time.
Kade & Allie Beth...pre-arranged marriage by mothers!

After all of the fun and games it was finally time to sing Happy Birthday to the guy of the day, eat cake, & open gifts! I just love this lil guy and all of his crazy antics. He definitely keeps all of his family & friends on their feet!

Happy 4th Birthday Carson Dean!
We definitely had a great time with great friends that went by way to fast!

No comments: