"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I have used everything you gave me."" - Erma Bombeck

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Steak & Tators?

Not quite, but Kade did get his first try at being spoon-fed cereal last night. The flavor of choice was of course bland rice, so definitely not steak & tators! At first he wasn't quite fond of it and didn't know what to think.



I know it is still a bit early to be spoon feeding him according to the doctors (including his own), but I don't think he is getting enough to eat with just the four ounces of formula. He is getting very fussy in between feedings & acts like he is starving. Previously, he was doing well eating 4oz every 4 hours. Now he does good to make it 2 1/2 to 3 hrs on that same 4 ounces, so hopefully this will help.



We had to wash the cereal down with a drink of milk after every few bites, but all in all he did really well. He even cleaned his bowl on the first try of it! I must say he is like his daddy in that aspect!


1 comment:

kpLOVINGit said...

That last picture is so cute! He might like some of that Louisiana sauce in the back ground!